The summary of survey results revealed that:
- The pre-fellowship and post-fellowship employment indicated that most graduates are in positions of responsibility and leadership.
- Two of the four graduates started the program as outpatient staff therapists and after completing the program they both moved in to leadership positions with their companies. The other two graduates started the program as private practice owners.
- All graduates continue to work in the outpatient setting.
- The average number of hours worked per week remained the same pre- and post-fellowship.
- Reported income increased in 1 of the graduate, and unchanged in 2 graduates and one graduate was unable to assess of being a graduate on income.
- The average number of patients seen per hours is 1.5 patients.
- The impact of the fellowship training on graduates’ professional development and clinical practice was on average 90% positive for all practice dimensions questioned.
- The benefit of fellowship training to the graduate’s careers was an average of 45% positive effect.
- The graduates’ response to the statement “my investment (time and cost) in fellowship education has been equitable with the benefits or results I have realized” was 100% in agreement with the statement.
- Regarding the question what was the “single greatest benefit which you feel that the fellowship training has made on your career” (4) graduates indicated clinical practice.
- The survey results regarding professional development revealed all graduates are members of the APTA. Two graduates board-certified Orthopedic Specialist (OCS) through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS).
- Fifty percent of the graduates attended national, chapter, district, or section level of the APTA meetings.
- All 4 graduates who responded to the survey noted that they did or plan to attend a national or international conference with APTA, AAOMPT, or IFOMPT in the last year or next 2 years.
- The graduates were asked if his/her involvement in the APTA or other professional associations changed since completing fellowship education and all 4 reported it stayed the same.
- Graduates subscribe to an average of 2.5 professional and scientific journals.
Call Us Today!
200 W Cold Spring Ln #300
Baltimore, MD 21210
5005 Signal Bell Ln #202
Clarksville, MD 21029
9110 Philadelphia Rd #100
Baltimore, MD 21237
15 W Aylesbury Rd #600
Timonium, MD 21093
By clicking here, I agree to be contacted at the number or email provided